Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Dad and Harry Crane tried to get backstage at a Rolling Stones concert at the Forest Hills Tennis Stadium early July, 1966. They were going to try and talk the Stones into doing a TV commercial for Heinz Beans. Sally and I couldn't stop laughing when Dad told us. The Stones doing a commercial jingle!!! But Dad told us that the Stones had done a cereal commercial three years before (1963). I never believed him until I actually found the commercial on YouTube a few years ago!!!

So anyway, they couldn't meet the Stone ofcourse. So Harry signed on The Trade Winds instead. I had never heard about them till my step-mom, Megan played their record for us. They were actually really good but sounded nothing like the Stones... wonder what Harry was thinking???? I found the record and played - 'New York's a Lonely Town' last night. Here is a video of it - -


No comments:

Post a Comment